Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vocal Covers? Video Ads or Torture for Music-Lovers?

Today I am going to give you and example of one of my favorite and least favorite things on the internet: Vocal Covers. Most of them are of hardcore bands because well.... I don't really know but well that's just the way it is. So I think that if you can sing (or scream) then you should advertise yourself for a band through Youtube, Myspace and other social networking sites. Like one of my favorite covers, JFAC Entombment of a Machine by xKenx


This, my friends, is a good vocal cover, he doesnt try anything out of his range and he keeps it steady. Plus, he has CLOTHES ON! No scene fucks that like to scream badly with their shirts off. Yeah you claim nonconformity but well you look like a A&F model. Here, my friends is what I'm talking about. This is Hey, John What's Your Name Again By The Devil Wears Prada sung by Brandon Baker

Notice how he screams well but he kinda sings like shit. So, i guess one flaw isn't that bad, right? Well if you look in his description, he already HAS a band! So why isn't he playing WITH them? Okay two flaws, not that bad. Okay, he has no shirt on. Really, no one looks for vocal covers for guys with their shirts off. So three flaws. Okay the hat, what the hell? Are you trying to be a white boy-pretends-to-be-gangsta? Because its not working. So yes, Brandon Baker, you're earlier covers were the better because NOTHING GOT TO YOU THEN! YOU SANG PURELY FOR THE FUN OF IT AND YOU WERE GOOD! THEN YOU FUCKED THINGS UP!

KTLIOADJ
I might do a vocal cover. I don't know what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment