Saturday, October 24, 2009

At World's End

Okay, first, I'd like to say that TSIOO, my good friend who also blogs, his blog is fucked up so he made a new one. Here's the link for you guys
masterofstrings.wordpress.com

That done, I want to discuss a little band called Bring Me the Horizon (Or BMTH if you will.) This band got its name from a pretty good movie called Pirates of the Caribbean. Jack Sparrow, at the end of Curse of the Black Pearl, says "Bring me that horizon" so, after changing a few lines to avoid legal issues, it became Bring Me the Horizon. They made an EP called This Is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For. The lyric is from a song called Traitors Never Play Hangman, which, is a great song, also is Rawwwrr! from the same album. They got signed to Visible Noise Records in Europe (did I mention they're British?) and made their first album called Count Your Blessings. Count Your Blessings is a lyric from a song called Pray for Plagues, which is PROBABLY the best song off that album. Then, they did some touring, Oliver Sykes' (the lead singer) head got bigger, made a fashion site, and then they made a new album called Suicide Season.

Guess what? It sucked. It sounded like every other metalcore band, and BMTH wasn't metalcore to begin with! They were deathcore! And it was good! Why did you have to change it and fuck it up! Now all the scene kids like it and chicks like it cos Oli is hot! It's fucking lame! I wish I could go back in time and kill the band so they would die a good band and not make it all scene-y. They came to my town a few weeks ago and EVERYBODY went. Guess what, I didn't. Even know I was a fan of the old stuff, I didn't want to be around a bunch of hairspray smelling, cosmetic rack of a face scene chicks screaming their hearts out for Oli to pee on them. (He got accused of pissing on a female fan then hitting her with a bottle when she refused to have sex with him. I don't believe it because I've seen pictures and she's fucking ugly and I wouldn't want to do that, so neither would any sane human male on the planet) I would give this band a 6/10 because their old albums were great and then they fucked everything up. They are coming out with a new album soon and I hope its as good as the first two, meaning they would lose all the scene fans who like the new album, which needs to happen so they can be good again, and get back all their REAL fans that actually liked it for the music, but all I can do is hope.

KTLIOADJ
It's probably a dead hope anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment