Saturday, August 29, 2009

Two posts in one day!?

The Color of Violence. The name in itself is bad ass, so I expected a good band. There is only two people in this band (A lot like ISMFOF) Travis Richter and Derek Bloom, the guitarist and drummer of From First to Last, which both are some of my favorite musicians. There are more people involved with the life performance but those two are responsible for the in-studio recordings. CoV is a screamo/grindcore band, with lots of intelligible lyrics and hectic screaming. It reminds me of the screamo bands that don't really care about he screamo "scene", like ISMFOF, FFTL back in the day, and UnderOath. The lyrics are insanely catchy and really quotable, and I'm gonna throw in one of my favorites, "I SPENT ONE YEAR IN LOVE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY FUCKING T-SHIRT!" from the song Christina, Christina. The song names are completely unrelated to the lyrics and that's something I enjoy. Another one of their songs God gave me Deeezzz Nuts, is completely hilarious and if you have never heard this band, I STRONGLY suggest looking them up if you are into ISMFOF, Dr. Acula, and Job for A Cowboy.

Let's talk about the band's history. They've been around since 2002 when they were called Skeleton Slaughter Vs. Fetus Destroyer, and then the band featured Matt Good, Travis Richter, Derek Bloom, Joey Antillion and Chad Crews. If you are a fan of FFTL, you recognize most of those names. So most of the crew left to work on FFTL, then called just "First to Last", and from 2003 to 2006, it basically didn't exist. But at the end of '06, Travis and Derek decided to send a few tracks to the CEO of Epitaph Records and they got signed, around the same time FFTL left Epitaph and went to Interscope Records. Personally, I like Epitaph and Fearless better than Interscope but, no one really cares for my opinion. (Why do you think I blog?). One interesting thing about this band, is they have TWO drummers. Damn straight I said two. They both play them live and it's quite chaotic and brutal. Personally, I think both those words should be synonymous but ,again, no one cares what I think. So thanks for the read and I just wasted about 45 mintues on a review that no one will look at instead of doing FIVE school projects I have due on Tuesday.

KTIOADJ
http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/color_of_violence_the_lyrics_21164/youthanize_lyrics_51819/look_i_made_it_im_dating_an_actress_lyrics_917601.html
Funniest shit I have EVER heard. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment